A few months ago I wrote about my plan for working out and getting healthy. It's been about 2 monhts and I thought that I'd give you all an update about whether it's been working or not.
First let me say that I've not followed my own advice that well. In fact I'd estimate that I only lived up to about 70% of what I called for in my workout, eating and living plan.
However, the one thing that I have done 100% well is allowed myself the freedom to not live up to my plan 100%. This has kept me involved, encouraged and continuing in my effort for progress.
- Workout Plan Begin Date: June 2009
- Current Date: Sept 2009
- Starting Weight: 194-196 lbs
- Current Weight: 180-182 lbs
- # of Times I've felt more hungry than usual: 0
- Stress level June: Medium
- Stress level now: Low
- Overall Productivity June: Medium High
- Overall Productivity Now: Medium Low
- Workout Frequency June: 3 days/week
- Workout Frequency Now: 2 days/week
- Average workout Frequency over the last 2 months: ~1 day/week, ~1 hour per workout
- Number of 14ers and difficult hikes this summer: 4
- Number of meals eaten from my garden: ~20
- Number of pizza slices eaten in the last 2 weeks: ~15
- Number of days walking or riding >2 miles: 3 days/week
Along with these stats I'd also like to report that for a period of 3 weeks I went to Costa Rica and didn't purposefully excercise one time. Also my non-fish meat consumption has dropped from 5 meals a week to <2 per week. The prevalance of whole grain rice has increased greatly and so has the amount of legumes. Butter intake has increased and other dairy decreased.
So there you have it... I've lost about 15 pounds, have decreased stress but also have lost a bit of productivity which is likely due to my higher contentment with life. Does my plan work? I think it works for me.
- counter to intuition I beleive the happier one is, the less likely long and dedicated hours will be spent trying to get ahead... productivity therefore decreases slightly [↩]